Note: The MidSouth PTN is no longer accepting new participants.
The MidSouth Practice Transformation Network is a partnership between the Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and the Safety Net Consortium of Middle Tennessee.
MidSouth engages clinicians across Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas in the process of transformation with the overall goal of providing patients with higher quality care and better clinical outcomes at lower cost through the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI). MidSouth PTN employs a two‐prong approach to practice transformation:
1. Quality improvement (QI) coaches, including Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s Physician Quality Scholars, actively engage clinicians offering QI interventions tailored to each practice’s needs and peer-to-peer coaching.
2. Recognizing practices must eventually become independent in their QI efforts, MidSouth PTN also provides direct financial support for practices to enable their own staff to conduct transformation and QI activities that align with the PTN. MidSouth leverages the expertise of its diverse partnership to offer:
- Infrastructure support to help with care coordination, assessment, and benchmarking of quality outcomes
- Informatics expertise to expand data collection and analysis
- Assistance with patient and community stakeholder engagement to improve health care delivery and patient satisfaction
- Enhanced interaction between practices and ancillary services
- Guidance on graduating into shared savings opportunities