The Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network is an alliance of leading hospitals and clinicians who share a common vision of excellence in health care.
The network inspires and empowers hospitals and physician practices to work together toward a vision of better health care while benefiting from shared knowledge and resources. It allows businesses, employers, and other health systems to benefit from the insights and solutions that this powerful group of health care leaders creates. We work collaboratively with health care clinicians in communities across the state to ensure a strong, healthy future for families in Tennessee.
We empower our participating hospitals and physicians with the structure and incentives to collaborate in ways that improve the health of their employees, patients, and communities. Our network is built on a collaborative, shared savings structure that rewards providers for quality and efficiency.
We also have a robust pediatric program unlike any other, thanks to the participation of Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and more than 300 physicians trained in every pediatric specialty.
How does the network benefit clinicians?
We have a successful track record. Our approach is working for more than 100,000 health plan members. When you participate in our network, your practice will benefit in the following ways:
- Shared savings rewards: The network offers an opportunity to create value for patients and employers and be rewarded out of that value. For the last 6 months of 2014, we paid providers $3 million shared savings out of $10 million savings delivered to health plan customers.
- Assistance with value-based care standards: Practices can receive support and financial incentives to transition to value-based care through the Transforming Clinical Practices Initiative (TCPI).
- Evidence-based quality standards: By participating in the network, clinicians can be a part of quality programs founded on evidence-based medicine in collaboration with leading regional medical centers.
- A voice in decision-making: We are the largest clinician-organized network in the region. From the practice level to network-wide executive committees and hospital leadership, physicians set the course for the organization.
- Continued independence: When you join us, you will still be independent. Your practice will benefit from the learning and collaboration with 12 health systems from Memphis to Johnson City, as well as more than 50 hospitals and more than 4,000 clinicians.
- Physician-centered care coordination: Our care coordination programs are run in collaboration with physicians, not as stand-alone phone-based services. We offer face-to-face services with the patient in the hospital, physician practice, or at home.
If you want to be part of a network of health care leaders committed to health care done right, then we’re looking for you. Get started today.